XII RISA Convention
MGIMO-University will host the 12th Russian International Studies Association (RISA) Convention “The World of the Regions vs. the Regions of the World” 21-22 October, 2019.
Scientific contest among young researchers
This year in the framework of the X RISA Convention a scientific contest among young researchers was held for the first time in three nominations: “Best monograph”, “Best collective research”, and “Best scientific article by a young researcher”. The totality of 47 papers were submitted to the Organizing Committee in the period from September, 1 to October, 31. The jury consisting of the members of the Governing Board of RISA have assessed 11 papers in the nomination “Best monograph”, 12 papers in the nomination “Best collective research”, and 24 works in the nomination “Best scientific article by a young researcher”.
The awardees are:
In the nomination “Best monograph”
- Dmitry Streltsov (MGIMO) – “Foreign policy priorities of Japan in the Asia-Pacific region”;
- Alexander Kuteinikov (Saint-Petersburg University) – “International intergovernmental organizations: theoretical-sociological analysis”;
In the nomination “Best collective research”
- Dmitry Bekyashev, Dmitry Ivanov (MGIMO) – “International legal regulation of forced and labour migration”;
- Group of authors of the student book “Diplomatic service of foreign countries” (E. Astakhov, V. Dolgov, T. Zonova, M. Zubov, S. Krylov, O. Lebedeva, P. Lyadov, V. Morozov, A, Panov, Y. Raikov, M. Rossiysky, V. Terekhov, M. Shirinsky);
In the nomination “Best scientific article by a young researcher”
- Alina Vladimirova (Institute of Oriental Studies of the Russian Academy of Sciences) – “Asian and African countries in the United Nations Organization: soft power usage analysis”;
- Maria Maksakova (MGIMO) – “Contemporary cooperation between Russia and West Balkan countries: opportunities, risks and prospects”;
- Igor Putintsev (MGIMO) – “Variants of the distribution of powers in the Central and Eastern European countries”;
- Pavel Timofeev (Primakov National research institute of world economy and international relations of RAS) – “Russian – French relations: evolution and urgent problems (2012 - 2015)”;
- Andrey Philinov (Lomonosov Moscow State University, Department of History) – “Soviet leadership and the Mukden Incident: political assessment and mobilization efforts in 1931 - 1933”.
The awarding ceremony took place December, 8 in MGIMO Conference Hall. The awards were presented by the vice-rector of MGIMO, the Executive director of RISA Artem Malgin and the research associate of the Centre for North-European and Baltic studies of MGIMO, the Executive secretary of RISA, Candidate of Historical Sciences Vladislav Vorotnikov.